Imagine a world where all nations walk together in Christian fellowship.
That is the vision that motivates us.
Less than 5 percent of the more than 5 million Native American people in North American know that they are accepted by God and forgiven in Christ.
That statistic keeps us motivated to do everything we can to reach every Native American Nation and to raise up Native leaders to share the love of Jesus Christ with their own people.
God’s grace compels us to help build the capacity of Native Americans to impact their communities for the sake of Christ’s Kingdom.
Lutheran Indian Ministries proclaims the Gospel of Jesus Christ with Native American peoples, disciples Native leaders to share the Gospel with their brothers and sisters, and addresses social sufferings in a way that values Native cultures.
Lutheran Indian Ministries envisions a day when all nations walk together in Christian fellowship. This is the driving force behind our Native ministry.
By the power of the Holy Spirit, Lutheran Indian Ministries helps Native people to:
- Understand the forgiveness and salvation they have through Jesus Christ.
- Use this life-changing Gospel message in a way that addresses and heals their particular needs and hurts.
- Gain self-worth, knowing He created each one uniquely for His purpose.
- Thrive in stable and healthy families and communities with empowered leaders devoted to Christ.
- Embrace the uniqueness of each tribe’s heritage.
- Share and learn from one another.